Facebook Twitter Flickr
Cost Share Regulation News and Events Marketing Conservation Animals
Site Search
What We Do
Secretary of Ag
Forms & Licenses
Soil Conservation
Who to Contact
Export Certificates
Administrative Rules -IDALS
Administrative Rules -Soil

  Facebook Flickr Twitter You tube


Horticulture and Farmers Market Bureau
Sales Tax

Vendors who sell a taxable product must have an Iowa sales tax permit.

Vendors who have a regular sales tax permit will report their sales and tax collected on their returns as usual.

Vendors who need a temporary sales tax permit (this is commonly used by seasonal farmers market vendors) call 563/386-6484 ext. 10, or fax 563/386-5201

Not sure if you need a Sales Tax Permit?
Contact Taxpayer Services at 1-800-367-3388, or 515-281-3114 or idr@iowa.gov

Check out the Links below for more Information

Iowa Department of Revenue

Sales Tax for Farmers Markets


Return to Farmers Market Assistance


Return to Horticulture and Farmers Markets Bureau






Mailing Address: IDALS,  Wallace State Office Building,   502 E. 9th Street,  Des Moines, IA 50319:     PH: 515-281-5321
  Sitemap   Privacy Statement   Relay Iowa State of Iowa Home
animals Conservation Marketing News and Events Regulations Cost Share